For you, with passion, humility, respect for his earth, Patrick Drouet creates
Craft& original Cognacs
The Barrel Strength Collection
Leveraging his experience as Master Distiller and Cellar Master, Patrick Drouet created in 2017 a range of Craft Cognacs bringing together his passion for terroir and his desire to disrupt existing rules in the Cognac industry. This new range “the Barrel Strength Collection” offers unique and original vintage Cognacs, bearing the stamp of the cask in which they are aged.
Fine Mélina 2010
A Cognac that breaks the rules
- Fine Mélina is a Cognac that was distilled without wine lees, which brings it freshness and lightness. It has the particularity of having been aged exclusively in older oak casks that have used for prior ageing of eaux de vies.
- Cru : Grande Champagne - 1er Cru.
- Colour : amber due to its ageing in older oak casks.
- Nose : delicate and rich with notes of prune and chocolate.
- Palate : pleasant length and finesse. Charming aromas of vanilla scented wood and fig, but also pear.
A Summerlike Cognac
This release bearing 42% ABV was aged in small quantities and offered in a limited series of 1,500 bottles that are individually numbered.
Please note :
- • Melina ? The second daughter of Patrick Drouet who has the same name as the daughter of the estate’s founder in the 19th century.
INSPIRED FROM THE EARTH, SON OF THE DOMAIN
born from the imagination of the cellar master, Patrick Drouet
Small Batch Pacherenc du Vic Bilh Finish
The first Cask Finish of Domaine Drouet
- Patrick Drouet experimented a double maturing process: this very limited series of Petite Champagne 2010 was first aged in Cognac casks before being matured for 9 months in casks that had contained Pacherenc du Vic Bilh, a dessert wine from South West France.
- Cru : Petite Champagne - 2ème Cru.
- Colour : clear, golden yellow.
- Nose : fruit notes, vine peach, honey.
- Palate : warmth, balance and long persistence. Agreeable sweetness infused with vanilla sugar and also citrus notes.
A Springlike Cognac
This Cask Finish Cognac constitutes an original series of only 600 individually numbered bottles. It was bottled with an ABV of 45% and will delight Whisky enthusiasts.
Please note :
- • Distilled from November 18 to November 20 2019, stemming from the parcel of the Grande Garenne.